Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Getting motivated and getting started on a fitter you

Hi everyone

Sorry it has been a while I hsave had a few days away with my DH and DDs.

Well now its is time to start on our 8 week fitness challenge - this is a group motivational thing and we all need a bit of moral support.

This is something we can all share - its only 8 weeks and you can feel better about yourself by taking some simple steps with friends.

Al I can do is recount what Kellyand I are going to do. Kelly has joind Weight Watchers as I already go to a gym I am going to keep this up and add in some food control.

We are not dieticians so can't advise you what to eat - you will need to ensure that you are in good health and up to taking part - go and visit your GP it helps to know where you are.

I have attached a food diary to this weeks newsletter - FILL it in every day.

I am giving up chocolate, bisciuts, cake, pastry and chips. I don't drink much alcohol but will have an ocasional G&T.

I do a lot of exercise - one hour a day - well it seems like a lot to me.

Yesterday and today I got up early and walked for one hour - today I am going to do it this evening.

Many people say that 5 x a week is fine - I have walked for ages and if you only have time for 20 minutes thats fine - start with 20 minutes - 3- 5 times this week and gradually work up to it.

No comments: